|Backyard Farming Forum
|Paddy Rice Huller and Husk Separator
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Amisyfarming [ Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Paddy Rice Huller and Husk Separator|
Rice milling is one of the post-harvest handling technology that is quite popular in agriculture (rice farmers). This machine has helped many farmers in terms of processing paddy to rice. In the aspect of business, these machines are also able to increase the marketability of agricultural products as opposed to selling in the form of paddy directly. On the other hand, demand for rice continues to increase, because the rice has been a staple food for most countries in the world. Hence the development of rice mill equipment is more effective, more efficient and more quality is promising.
In the processing of un-hulled rice, in order to produce high-quality rice, we have to use some machines like paddy rice huller machine, husk separator, rice polisher and rice sifter.
(1) Paddy rice huller machineis used to break and release bran (husk). Input materials of this machine is a un-hulled rice with a moisture content of about 14% and output in the form of brown rice (pure white).
(2) Husk separatoris used to separate grain of rice and husk using a blower system. The system utilizes the difference in specific gravity between rice and husk. Husk which has a smaller specific gravity to be sucked by the blower, while rice tend not to be affected by the air blower and straight out through the rice outlet.
(3) Rice polisheris used to remove the epidermis (aleuron) on brown rice to produce white rice that is ready to be marketed or cooked. This machine uses the screw extruder system in the cylinder which has the inner surface uneven. When brown rice fed into the cylinder it will jostle and rub against the cylinder surface which causes the epidermis to be eroded.
(4) Rice shifter is used to separate the rice based group quality such as whole rice (best quality) and broken rice (second quality). This machine uses a filter screen plate or cylinder shaped. Rice with some sort of quality level will be mixed again with a certain ratio to determine the selling price before the rice is packaged to be marketed.
This article will explain in more detail on the description of the machine, but it is limited to brown rice huller and separator machine. Both machines will be combined into one machine as the title of this article, namely [url=http://rice-processing.com/product/Complete_Rice_Mill/
]Rice Mill Machine[/url]: Paddy Rice Huller and Husk Separator. Description of these machines include machine construction, main part of machine, basic concept of brown rice huller and separator, machine principle and machine operation.
Construction of Rice Mill Machine
Construction designed for rice mill machine refers to the incorporation of brown rice huller and husk separator. Brown rice huller system uses the speed difference on the rubber roll, so the construction will put on top two pieces of rubber roll just below the hopper. Husk separator using air blower system, so the construction will accommodate air flow toward a brown rice and husk are out of rubber roll. Machine construction along with its main parts are complete can be seen in the picture below.
Constructions of rice mill machinein the image above showing some of the main parts of the machine are:
1) Shutter, as the main valve controls the expenditure of grain in hopper.
2) Feeding roll, a roll leveler serves to regulate the importation and spread the rice on the rubber roll.
3) Rubber roll, serves as a breaker of rice
4) Roll gap adjuster, serves as spacer rubber rollers.
5) Distribution, serves to divide the flow of brown rice out of a rubber roll.
6) Wind adjuster controls the air entering the blower.
7) Blower, suction air function is the air flow from inlet to brown rice husk and then brought out through husk outlet.
8) Husk outlet, serves as the drain husk
9) Rice outlet, serves as a channel that has a separate brown rice with husk
The basic concept of huller rubber rolls
Paddy rice huller uses two pieces of rubber roll as a means of breaking the un-hulled rice. Both roll is mounted adjacent (parallel) with a certain distance and rotated at different speeds in opposite directions. Roller that rotates at high speed is called main rollers or fixed roll, while the other roll is called auxiliary rollers or moveable roll. The main roll is mounted on a stationary shaft while the auxiliary roller mounted on a shaft whose position can be shifted to adjust the distance (gap) between the two roll. Auxiliary roll speed should be slower for about 24% of the main roll.
The basic concept of 'huller rubber roll' is the process of peel bran (husk) using frictional forces that occur between rice and rubber roll. When un-hulled rice through the gap between the rubber roll, on the one hand will be restrained due to friction with the auxiliary roll and on the other hand will be pushed due to friction with the main roll. Because the distance between the two rollers arranged around 0.5-0.8 mm or smaller than the thickness of the un-hulled rice grain, then the friction that occurs will be stronger than the resilience husk itself. The condition causes the husk to be separated from brown rice.
The basic concept of husk separator
Husk separator using air blower system with the capacity to suck husk but unable to suck brown rice. The condition can occur because of differences in density between brown rice and husk, brown rice which have the higher density. When brown rice that has been separated by the rubber roll out of the husk and fell through the air flow, then the husk will be pushed into the airways and out through the husk outlet, while brown rice will keep falling towards the rice outlet.
The machine is equipped with two air ducts. The first ducts as the main separator which serves to suck out husk of the rubber roll. The second ducts serves as a second separator. If there are brown rice that is carried along with the husk on the main separator or if there are husk that is carried along with paddy rice on the main separator, it will be separated again by the second separator.
Principle of Rice Mill Machine
Rice milling principle is to use electricity on continuous moving parts and uses a manual system the regulator components. Components are driven by electricity like rubber rolls and air blower.
Components are driven by manually like shutter, feed adjuster, roll gap adjuster and wind adjuster.
Its mechanism of action begins with un-hulled rice entering into the hopper. Power comes from an electric power (electro motors or diesel engines) rotating rubber roll through the transmission system with a certain ratio. When shutter is opened, un-hulled rice will go down and get into the gap between rubber roll. At that time, there is a huller process (husk peeled and separated from paddy rice). Huller processing speed can be set through the shutter, the feed adjuster and roll gap adjuster. Then rice descending through two distribution channels arranged by the distribution handle. The two channels will pass through the air suction area. In this area husk will be attracted or sucked out through the husk outlet, whilepaddy rice remains down towards the rice outlets. The speed and power of the suction blower can be adjusted by the wind adjuster handle.
Operation of Rice Mill Machine
How to operate rice mill machine is as follows:
Make sure the 'shutter' in a closed condition, prior to un-hulled rice (paddy) is inserted.
Put paddy rice into hopper.
Turn on drive system (electric motors or diesel engine), make sure the rubber roll and air blower has been active.
Open the 'shutter' slowly, so that paddy can be entered to rubber roll.
Set velocity flow of the paddy with a twist 'feed adjuster'.
Set distance between roll by turning the ‘roll gap adjusters' to match thickness of paddy. If distance between roll is too large will cause a lot of paddy were not peeled, while distance between roll that is too small will cause a lot of paddy broken (brown rice is not intact)
Adjust speed of wind by turning the 'wind adjuster'. Wind speed that is too large will cause a lot of brown rice sucked, whereas if the wind speed is too small will cause a lot of husk were not sucked (with brown rice together).
Place the rice container under 'rice outlets' and the husk container under 'husk outlet'.
If there husk still united with paddy rice which are not broken, then input back into the hopper.
Repeat the process steps start point 1.
If all the processes are finished, turn off the machine.
That is a description about Rice Mill Machine: Paddy Rice Huller and Husk Separator. If you find misconceptions in this post, please provide the correction in the comment box.
[url=Zhengzhou Whirlston Machinery]http://www.rice-processing.com/[/url]
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group