View unanswered posts | View active topics  It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 pm 

Not in a hurry for this and don't know where I would use it but 15 years ago I stupidly sold my Grandfathers Howard Bullfinch rotovator to someone in Queenstown Tasmania at a garage sale for $20. It needed work, I was transient and it made sense at the time.

Anyway, I really want another just for sentimental value. Preferably at the same price tag :wink: I plan on doing it up so if anyone sees on lying around in their travels please give me a heads up.

This is the same beast excepting mine had sides on the culticator housing (well it as the smallest howard so not really a beast compared to the big ones they made). I may consider a different model if I can't find a Bullfinch.

Attachment:
bullfinch.jpg
bullfinch.jpg [ 190.15 KiB | Viewed 2115 times ]

Advertisement

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am 

:inspect: I'll keep an eye out Burnsy, I am an avid road side shopper and you never know what you will come across.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 am 

Simo wrote:
:inspect: I'll keep an eye out Burnsy, I am an avid road side shopper and you never know what you will come across.

Thanks mate, I am also an avid "roadside shopper" picked up numerous Alroh reel mowers, big self propelled slashers and cement mixers of value but never seen any howards, I should be so lucky. Have spotted lightweight ryobi type cultivators in with the thousands of rotary mowers though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 pm 

In the last week I've seen 20 or more roadside BBQs that are probably better than the the one in my yard...

Gaz and Danae's Garden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 pm 

gazza wrote:
In the last week I've seen 20 or more roadside BBQs that are probably better than the the one in my yard...

Yeah we use to routinely upgrade ours from "scab and grab" but the last little hooded stainless one has been such a great unit it has stayed :thumb:

My cement mixer is also a third generation scab and grab upgrade, currently a short barelled front tipping westmix unit with stand, can't believe somone threw it out, it is better than the mixer I used daily for four years while landscaping. Usually I sell on the last model for $50 and spend the money on the new one if it needs it. I did get one that was an early easymix tow behind with villers motor that after half and hour of tinkering ran. Never actually used the mixer as it was to cumbersome but it was spottless and dent free, it lasted about 3 hours on gumtree.

Last edited by Burnsy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am 

I scored a Scott Bonner lawn edger with a Briggs and Stratton engine that looked like it had done about 10 hours work, thought it would be a good project to pass the time at work, I was planning a full strip and rebuild but all I needed to do was replace the pull cord and find a new air filter an it started straight away, didn't even blow any smoke.